Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Over and over

This past week has been pretty cool. We have had the usual spanish/security/health/technical classes everyday. The highlight was definitely on Sunday. 4 companeros y yo went to a hot spring in a town called Oyacachi. I probably buchered the spelling of that town. It was really awesome. The setting of the town was similar to Jurrasic Park and we happened to be the only gringos in sight. The bus ride there and back was scary because there is no guard rail and we were about 4 inches from a 100 foot drop. I am alive, so all is good. Oh, last week on Friday we had a futbol tournament. My team was called Equipo Superchevre. We lost the only game we played 1-0. It is all good though because i played goalie and lost the game for my team. I tried to score from goalie, but it is real tough to do so. On Saturday we were on a mission to eat as much food as possible. I spent about 3 bucks at a chinese restaurant and got two plates piled with food. I had to make my beef and peppers hotter with hot sauce. It was really hot, i sweated like i was in Texas heat. Other than all that awesome stuff, everything has been pretty normal. I don´t think I have had to eat anything to weird. Tomorrow my group has to give a presentation on transplanting to a bunch of little kids. We will see how my spanish holds up. Well, I have to go check US sports scores, so I will talk to yall later. Peace.

3 comments:

  1. our blogs always make me laugh! Keep the words flowing. I'm not too crazy about the 100 foot drop. That's scary. Pop and I are in Delaware. Getting here was an adventure. Our plane was delayed 3 times due to weather, winds and rain in the northeast. That did not make me feel too great about flying. Sort of like traveling on a narrow road with no guard rail! We finally made it to the hotel around midnight. The good news is the weather has been beautiful today and is supposed to stay great for our entire stay. Take care and love you tons! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're getting your exercise!! LOL - maybe next time y'all will win! I agree with Donna - not too crazy about the drop off. That part doesn't sound like something I would like to see - though I would like to see pictures of you in your new environment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just skiped over the part about the bus ride Some things are not good for Maw Maws to hear But i am glad you are enjoying your stay and hope you get enough to eat and don't forget us here in the hot Tx weather I have been planting a garden so you see I am good for the enviroment too. Take care we love you MawMaw G

    ReplyDelete