Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I have been showering lately. Well when I feel dirty.

These past weeks have been full of stuff. I am not sure if it has been productive stuff, but at least its stuff. I don?t know if I let yall know, but I finished all of my interviews in my community like 2 weeks ago. It is kind of crazy because everyone else I have talked to is not even close to being done. Oh well, my counterpart was really eager to get these out of the way.
I have been watching a lot of movies and tv shows lately. I recently went on a spending spree and spent about 30 dollars on media. This may not seem like a lot to most of you, but here in Ecuador this is 30 dvds. It is pretty awesome. I even bought Iron Man 2 like the day after it was released in theatres. So I guess my habits are about the same here as they were in the states. I still watch movies and play video games in my spare time. I am still waiting to get a bicycle and guitar and then things will be almost back to normal.
Also for the past two weeks I have waited for what seemed forever to use the internet here at the municipio (municipality). It turns out I wasn?t waiting on anything. We were just given wrong information and asked the wrong people to use the internet. Anyway, I finally got to use the internet yesterday. I got mucho information about reforestation and have almost finished my general plan for the project. I say general plan, because I know for a fact that I will run into many problems and have to change some of the stuff quite a bit. I hope it?s a sustainable project though. I hope my community isn?t just depending on my to do the project, but they also take an interest and participate in it.

I have been at my site for like a month and a half almost. That means, in another month and a half I will be done with host families. I can get my own apartment. This will be great. I will be able to cook for myself and take care of everything on my own again. I can start eating dinner when I want to eat it. Right now I eat dinner around like 9pm because that?s when my family likes to eat dinner. I won?t have to share my living quarters with an office. It will be nice freedom. I can?t wait.

My parents are planning on coming in October. This should also be awesome. I get to plan what we are going to do. I am also planning on making a trip back to Texas for like a week in December around Christmas. Oh, the thought of eating Mexican Food and drinking Lone Star and Shiner. I will try to keep everyone posted on when I make my return and want to try to see as many people as possible. Also, if anyone wants to come to Ecuador, it is not a problem. Everything here is super cheap. A 10 hour bus ride is like 10 bucks. A hotel room is like 7 bucks a person. It is all good. Meals are between $1.50 and $3.00. There is tons of hiking and awesome stuff to do. Anyway let me know. I miss everyone and will post soon. Luego.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're able to shower - I was worrying about that! Getting your own place with be awesome - it'll be just like living in Texas again then, huh? Well, maybe not! Love you!

    ReplyDelete