Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yeah it´s Thursday

Hey dudes. Lately has either been really in your face or a lot of watching movies. By this I mean, I have either been super busy or doing nothing at all. For example, Last Saturday I had to give a charla (lecture) to a group of about 50 adults on the different types of basura (trash). It was my first charla and therefore, kinda scary. In the middle of the question and answers portion, I had to sit down. I was a little nervous/dehydrated. It was all good though, the group I gave the talk to asked me to come back and give them more information on environmental stuff. It is pretty tight. They even said that they would make me some ceviche. That Saturday night was a reina competition. This is basically a beauty pageant to pick the queen of Emplame. I don?t really know what was going on during the whole thing. From what I gathered, the reason they have this event is so people can sell food and beer. I was forced into drinking beer with some dudes til around 1:30 in the morning. The competition wasn?t over, but I was so tired and scared of what might happen if I kept hanging out. It turns out the competition didn?t end until around 4am. Crazy I know.

The next day I went to a town called La Mana that has some cascadas (waterfalls) nearby. I saw 7 waterfalls that day with two of my friends that live close by. It was really sweet. One of the waterfalls was like 100 meters high. I jumped off of it?..just kidding mom. The waterfall I jumped off of was only like 30 feet high. Don?t worry though the water doesn?t have a bottom. I am convinced that it is actually an abyss. Another highlight from this day is that we made sandwiches with cheese that kinda tasted like cheddar. The meat tasted like deli chicken, but was called Jamon de Pollo, which translates to Ham of Chicken. I don?t know really what it is supposed to mean.

Since then I have mostly been watching movies. I finished a bunch of work plans for my counterpart. Oh and I put some dirt in some bags. It was a highlight. Next week is probably going to be crazy. It is my town?s citywide dance. I am not sure, but I think it is going to trump the reina competition. This is going to be tough to do considering the reina competition had a stage similar to a stage you would see at say?.. The Austin City Limits Festival equipped with two giant tv screens on each side, an extremely loud sound system, and a water fountain in the middle of the stage for the contestants to walk around. It is gonna be dope I am sure. The city even made the next day a holiday. They gave the holiday some significance for some famous person, but my counterpart told me it is the day of the hangover. Don?t worry I wont participate in that part mom.

Oh, the fourth of July is coming up. I think me and some of my friends are gonna get together and drink some budweisers. That seems pretty American. Alright, well yall stay cool and I will say wutsup later.

2 comments:

  1. Just found out a coworker is going to be in Guyacquil (sp?) then going on a mission in San Pablo. I'm not sure where this is in relation to where you are, though. Email me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading you blog. We are on our way to Galveston with your grandmother. Aunt Teresa and her entire family are here for the week. Hey you will be jealous. I am send you this message from our new iPad. Pretty cool. Now as far as the comfort in jumping from 30 vs100? You be careful. Next we we will be going to Seattle to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Wish you could go with us. We will meet a ship and go to Alaska. We are looking forward to the cool weather. The military and critters will be standing guard and hopefully watering the grass. You made last years vacation a blast. We love you tons.

    ReplyDelete